The 2016 Annual Meeting of the Ohio Classical Conference
The 2016 annual meeting of the Ohio Classical Conference will be held October 7-8 at the Columbus Academy. The theme of this year’s meeting is “Visual Learning and Latin Language Acquisition.” Below is a summary of this year’s meeting. The final program will be posted soon:
- Friday morning’s session will feature presentations by Darius Arya (Director of the American Institute for Roman Culture) and Steve Tuck (Miami University).
- The Vergilian Society luncheon will be presented by Michael Barich of Kenyon College.
- Friday’s afternoon session will feature presentations by K.C. Kless and Alex Fries of Indian Hill Schools (on movie talk), and also Jennifer Lehe of the Columbus Museum of Art and Elise Gursahaney of the Columbus Academy (on ODIP and Latin Language Acquisition). The session will also feature a presentation by Travis Horseman, an author (on Amiculus, a Graphic Novel), and a panel of Ohio Classics professors and instructors (on student recruitment from the HS and the college perspective).
- Friday’s banquet speaker will by Darius Arya.
- Saturday’s session includes presentations by Sherwin Little of the American Classical League (on the new ACL Standards), Sarah Elmore of Lakota East (on the new Caesar/Vergil AP course: AP Latin – Standards and Strategies), and a Q&A session for students with Darius Arya.