PLEASE REGISTER BY 30 SEPTEMBER 2023 FOR THE 101st MEETING OF THE OHIO CLASSICAL CONFERENCE (OCC)!
Dear OCC Member,
The 101st annual meeting of the Ohio Classical Conference will take place this year on Friday 13 and Saturday 14 October 2023 on the campus of Columbus Academy in Gahanna, Ohio. To assist us in knowing how many people to expect, please register on or before Saturday 30 September 2023 by following this link: https://www.ohioclassicalconference.org.
The planning committee has put together a fantastic program that features the following:
• Keynote Address by Julie Berry, The New York Times best-selling author of Lovely War
• Vergilian Luncheon Speaker, Professor Jay Reed, author of Virgil’s Gaze: Nation and Poetry in the Aeneid
• Panel discussion “Perspectives on Homer in Honor of Milman Parry,” with presentations by Richard Janko (University of Michigan), Lilllian Doherty (University of Maryland), and Katherine Kretler (St. John’s College) moderated by Kenneth Silverman
• Staged reading of Euripides’s Cyclops with opportunity for student participation
• Undergraduate student panel, “Homeric Interpretations”
In addition to conference events, there will be a banquet on Friday 13 October for all OCC members at The Barn in Gahanna, Ohio. The banquet will give OCC members across the state the chance to reconnect and network informally over dinner on the night before the annual meeting. (The annual meeting will also include a vote on the proposed new constitution for the OCC, as has been advertised online.) For further information about the conference, please contact me at 216-368-6026 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the OCC website for full registration details: https://ohioclassicalconference.org/
PLEASE REGISTER SOON — ideally before 30 September 2023 to assist us in knowing how many members to expect on campus.
I look forward to seeing you, your colleagues, and your students in October!
Timothy Wutrich, Ph.D.